Friday 9 November 2012

Understanding Driver Newton

Ms Jessie informs the following on 08/11/2012:

Caught a cab back from the city yesterday with a lovely friendly driver to Newton road. Did not realise until it came time to pay that I only had a couple of dollars and it turned out there was no card machine. The driver thankfully let me pay just a couple of dollars but naturally I felt sad as the driver missed out on the rest of the fare. The following evening I went to catch a taxi home from the city again and of all the 25,000 cabs I managed to get the same driver. He was delighted to see me and I made sure he got the money he missed out on and a little extra. Thanks to all the lovely taxi drivers in Singapore!

In future, you could always take note of the plate number and send in a feedback note through the same LTA online feedback form so that the compliment and appreciation can be formally recorded. Such experiences of positivity from taxi drivers is painfully rare. Hopefully this will change through our collective efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment