Tuesday 17 January 2012

Driver Finds Trouble Over Nothing SHC2030P Bukit Batok

Ms Caroline informs the following on 17/01/2012:

WHERE: CARPARK AREA OF BLK 150, BUKIT BATOK
WHEN: MONDAY, 16 JANUARY 2012 AT 1845 HOURS
TAXI NO: SHC2030P

I had a shouting match with this blue Comfort taxi driver.  I was in front of an empty parking lot, dropping my elderly parents, my sister and her 5 year old daughter to get their dinner.  I was about to drive off when this taxi, did a 3 point turn in front of my car and backing onto me.  I panicked and honked softly to remind him of my presence.  I couldn't reverse to avoid him  as my family was standing next and behind my car,


Then, he went forward, this time backing onto me at a faster speed and I blew my honk at him and he halted his vehicle.  My sister went to him asked him whether he could see my car that was just behind him.


He wounded down his window and said rudely that he wanted the Lot No. 17 behind me.  My sis told him he could have that lot and I was about to leave, I couldn't because he was blocking my way.  If I actually wanted to park that lot, I would have gotten an ugly fight with him.  My dad, who just came back from the hospital after stitching his wound from a chest operation, tried to reason with him and became breathless.  I figured I have to get out of the car at this stage as my dad is very sick (with Stage 4 lung cancer).  I asked him why must he drive in that manner and that I wasn't going to park at that Lot No. 17, so what was the impatience for?


I told him that he almost knocked onto me, he rose his voice and asked, "Did I knock on your car? Where? Where?" and this lasted for about 10 mins.  This kind of behavior is uncalled for.  Among those people watching was a man in a car waiting at the side, shaking his head and pointing at the unreasonable cabby, he saw the whole episode.  Too bad I did not ask him to be my witness and my dad was hurrying me to go and not to argue anymore with him (I didn't want to upset my dad) or else I would have gotten the police to be involve.


I want to add my story to the number of complaints about the ugly side of taxi drivers.  In actual fact, I believe this all lies down to SELFISHNESS, KIASU AND RUDENESS in their character.  I believe there is still justice around and we should not let these people rule the road. 


Sometimes I wonder why the actress was so mad that she vent anger at the taxi that caused her so much anxiety?  (she might be helpless and defenceless when she did that) I also wonder whether some facts were hidden by the so callled "innocent" taxi driver we did not know.  I would have also gotten depression if I get into this situation too ... This episode already gave me a sleepless night and unhappiness.

The most basic courtesy could have avoided this scenario altogether but time and again we see drivers who are intent on dragging out a situation for nothing. Sometimes, it seems as though they are itching for a fight so that they can play the victim and earn damages through court proceedings. The best thing to do here is to lodge a complaint with LTA through their online feedback form so that the necessary action can be taken against this driver. If this driver can blow up over such a trivial situation, one can only wonder what he might escalate to in a serious circumstance.

3 comments:

  1. let it be!he is an old man now,don't be so revengeful,don't break his rice bowl!life still goes on,but do remember they are more experience driving than u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lee Fong,

    I notice the most frequent advice you dispense to writers to your blog is to ask them to lodge their complaints to LTA, no matter how serious or trivial their complaint maybe. Don't you have something else to advise your writer? Come on, Lee Fong, please be more creative and fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. The best thing to do is to let the LTA follow-up because that is the only fair and neutral option. If it is an isolated incident, the driver will not be dealt with severely. However, when the same driver receives independent complaints from unrelated incidents, he will be taken to task appropriately. Truth and justice need no creativity.

    ReplyDelete