Saturday 14 January 2012

Driver Abandoned Passenger SHD5361 Bukit Merah

Mr Vijay informs the following on 12/01/2012:

Today Morning,at about 10:25 am I boarded transcab SHD5361, who turned off his BUSY status & took me. After I told him Bukit Merah, he nodded his head and asked "U have cash?

When he noticed me observing his Nets Machine" I said ok, and said my exact location as "221 Henderson".

He then questioned me why I initially said Bukit Merah, and then said Henderson and to make up my mind.

I gave a blank expression,Wondering why is he questioning me this when I expected him to know that Henderson's in Bukit merah.

Bt I didn't say anything.He then asked me how I wanted to go and whether I know the route or not? I asked him as a Cab Driver aren't you supposed to know your route? He then said, he's a not a "DRIVER", and after a couple hundred metres, asked me to get out.

I then said, "OK,OK Nevermind, I'll guide you..please just go. I'm late for my meeting"

Next thing I know he stopped his meter, and told me to get out and find another cab..

He then said " Go ahead, Go and complain" when I asked him for his number plate.

Please help me to report this CAB DRIVER To the relevant authorities and to teach him the basic ethics of being a cab driver. I sincerely hope this letter reaches the relevant authorities to weed out the rogue element within the cab driver's community.

This is a fine example of how brazen these drivers have become. They are so confident that passengers are so forgiving that they will take such abuse and not do anything about it, that they are now daring you to do so. They also think we are not savvy to lodge a complain with the relevant authority and will instead approach the cab company - which will do nothing more than offer lip service. If we don't step up our efforts to address service failures and rogue behaviour through the relevant agency, this will become 'normal'. We urge you strongly to lodge a complaint immediately with the LTA through their online feedback form regarding this incident so that the driver will regret uttering the challenge to you. If we make it a habit to lodge a complaint when we encounter these rogue drivers, the ones who are truly incorrigible can be identified easily - and duly removed from our roads.

4 comments:

  1. i am in sympathy with u!as a taxi driver he is obliged to take u to ur final destination!do complain to his company ,he will be deducted VPS points,it's liked the DIPS for drivers,once he is obtained 21 points for 2yrs,his taxi license will be cancelled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. under the Vocational Licence Points System (VLPS),LTA can deduct 5 Demerit Points and
    Fine him $200 for the offense of "Terminating hiring of taxi or asking passenger to leave taxi, without reasonable excuse, before passenger is conveyed to destination."A commuter can lodge a complaint against a taxi driver by the following means:
    1) By Phone :
    Call to LTA Hotline – 1800-Call LTA or 1800-225 5582
    2) By Email :
    Access to LTA Internet Website – http://www.lta.gov.sg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, though the driver is wrong.
    But the writer is not fully not at fault too.
    You don't like his service, you can don't use his service.
    But why must you said "as a Cab Driver aren't you supposed to know your route?"?
    By saying this, you seem trying to start a war of words.
    Which will be of no good to either parties.
    To ask for the preferred route is to avoid any argument.
    Singapore though not big but also got alot of small roads.
    Not everyone will know all of it.

    ReplyDelete