Tuesday 15 October 2013

Cowardly Dangerous Driver Alexandra Road

Ben Low informs the following on 13/10/2013:


On 19/05/2011 at about 6.20pm. I was riding on my motorcycle travelling straight on Lane 2 along Alexandra road towards Pasir Panjang road, just right outside Ikea. 
The Taxi Driver on the left of my lane signalled right for less than a second and swerved into my lane in an instant without checking for traffic.
That made me hit my brakes and horned at him. After hearing my horn, he stepped on his brakes slowing down his vehicle, so I overtook him, still on Lane 2. We stopped side by side at the traffic junction as the traffic lights were red.
He looked at me with an angry expression and gave a abusive hand signal at me. I looked into his car so he winded down his window, and asked me why did I horn at him.

I told him that he abruptly cut into lane without checking and almost caused me an accident. He then told me that he signalled so it's his right to change lanes, and also challenged me to the police station. After I said yes to his challenge, he kept insisting he was in the right of way and scolded vuglarities at me even though he had a passenger behind. 
I followed him to Queensway Police Station but he did not stop and just drove off. 
I was lucky to have avoided getting into an accident, but I cannot ignore such a incorrigible driver. 
I have send an email to transcab on 20th may 2011 regarding this issue and they promised me to give me an answer 5 to 10 working days. but it had been 2 weeks and I have not received anything from them. 

I hope some action will be taken on this taxi driver as this driver instead make a complaint to my company and because of this complaint I had been suspended from my job making me jobless now.

We are certainly not surprised that the taxi driver was all talk and no action - running away like the coward that he really is. We are also not in the least bit surprised that the taxi company did not get back to you - they are probably hoping that you will get tired of the matter and not follow up. This is why we strongly encourage those affected by rogue taxi drivers to immediately lodge a complaint through LTA's online feedback portal as that will result in concrete action and have firm outcomes. We feel bad that the taxi driver has pulled a fast one on you - thank you for sharing with us this experience so that other commuters and motorists can be forewarned when dealing with nasty encounters with these drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment