Tuesday 14 August 2012

Insane Driver SHD42R Tanjong Pagar

Ms Anne Cheung informs the following on 02/08/2012:

Transcab SHD0024R
On 2/8/2012 I was at the RELC hotel as I had a client meeting there. After the meeting, I decided to take a cab back to the office which was at Tanjong Pagar. A cab stopped for me after a long while of waiting and the taxi driver rolled down his window and good naturedly asked me where I was heading to. I told him Tanjong Pagar. He said okay, and I asked him if he accepted credit card as I had no cash on me at the moment. He said no, but I told him that my office building has an ATM machine right at the entrance, and it wouldn't take long for me to draw money. However, the ATM machine only dispenses $50 notes. He agreed and told me to quickly get on the cab.
5 mins later, I had the rudest shock of my life. He started driving really quickly and honking at drivers on the road. He also started to scold me incessantly, making remarks like 'Why on earth are you going to Tanjong Pagar?! It's so far away, it's almost rush hour already.', I pretended not to hear him as I thought maybe he was having a bad day or something. 
When we finally got to my office, I quickly got down and went to the ATM machine to withdraw money to pay him. He saw the $50 note in my hands and went absolutely ballistic. He made a lot of rude comments like 'Why did you withdraw $50?! ATM got $10 why you don't want to withdraw? You do it on purpose one is it?! So stupid!' At that point I was really incensed as I had already told him BEFORE I got on the cab that I was going to Tanjong Pagar and that the ATM there only dispensed $50 notes. 
Luckily there was a cafe in front so I told him I'll go there and break the note up. As the cafe was rather busy, I had to wait for my turn to speak to the barista. The whole time I was standing in the queue, the taxi driver was just honking at me and going 'AIYAH, why you like that?!' It was especially embarrassing as there were quite a few people around at that point in time. I gave him $10, and I am pretty sure the meter said $7.60, but he kept insisting that it was $8.80 and would only give me $1.20 back in change.
Usually I would have asked the taxi drivers to keep the small change, but this guy just made me really angry for me to even be picking on this matter right now. I asked for a receipt and was asked very rudely 'What on earth do you need a receipt for?!' He started to print the receipt, but before it finished printing, he tore it in half and gave the remains to me, then drove off before I could say anything.
I have never met such a rude taxi driver in my life, and I take cabs very frequently. I am very disappointed with the way he treated me ESPECIALLY after I made my situation clear to him before I even got into the cab.
I have tried to make several calls to Transcab but to no avail. It seems like all my experiences with Transcab have been disappointing to date, and I would urge everybody to boycott this company. 
We are not at all surprised by this type of lunatic driving a taxi. And don't even bother with the cab company. They will just avoid addressing the issue as long as possible and finally just give you a half-hearted reply/investigation. The best approach has always been to go straight to the governing body which is the LTA. Just lodge a quick feedback through their -fill online feedback form and you would have done more with less effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment